CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

The beginning of Avery's Story


I'm trying to think back now when exactly the journey started.  Should I start with the actual pregnancy or just where things began to change?  For now I think starting from the beginning of the actual cranio journey would be easiest.  Sometime I'll throw in the part about the pregnancy and my suspicions
.  
Really it began in October 2007.  Avery was just around 4 months old.  We were at the doctors office for her 4 month check up.  Everything was well.  She was well.  We were asked probably a total of 5 times if we had any concerns....Well no-we kept answering.  I didn't realize then-what I later realized but anyway.  Our physician mentioned to us that she was a little concerned about the shape of her head.  That it was looking a little "different", it did not look like "big brothers" head were her exact words.  Well great--she is not big brother.  It lead her into a discussion that she would like for us to bring her in for manipulation on the skull.  That sometimes the bones just need molding into the proper position.  Of course we were skeptical-but it would not be discomforting to her.  More like massage of her skull.  We decided to give it one shot.  Atleast meet with them and hear what they had to say.
The next week rolled around and I took her for the first appointment.  It was the longest 10 minutes and seemed like the biggest waste of money.  It is hard to describe what they actually did- other than lets just say they pressed and squeezed her little head- all the while she was SCREAMING at the top of her lungs.  I thought this was not going to hurt?? I asked several times.
I left the office that day and felt totally defeated.  Was this really going to help.  I again scheduled for the next week.  They assured us it would take at minimum 6 to 10 weeks of weekly sessions to help.
So I told her daddy that he was taking her the next time-see what he thought, and then we would reevaluate.
The next week came and went.  It was just as awful for him as it was for me.  We are just not sure about this.  That was going to be our biggest decision.

1 comments:

Kyla said...

I remember this and how upset you were. =( Poor baby, Avery. It was so hard for you and we were always crying. She's beautiful and her little head is perfect now. =)